Moving Day DO’s And DON’TS
All your packing and preparation comes down to this: Moving Day. There are so many things to take care of that you may get flustered and forget some of your tasks. Worry no more.
Have a smooth and easy move with our quick guide on what to do and what you should avoid doing on Moving Day:
- Do get plenty of rest the night before. Wake up extra early to finish off last minute tasks and double check everything.
- Do ask your family and friends for help. The more people there are to help, the quicker the job gets done. Let family members and friends handle the personal items you want secured in the car.
- Do get someone to watch over the kids and pets and keep them away from the centre of activity.
- Do prepare easy to grab food and drinks as everyone will get hungry throughout the day.
- Do open the doors and make sure the removalists get unhindered access throughout the whole house.
- Do position the boxes and furniture close to the doors to save time and effort.
- Do inspect the entire property before locking the door and leaving.
- Do supervise the move when you arrive at your new home. Show everyone which box goes to what room.
- Don’t pack items that the removalists are prohibited from carrying, such as flammable products and ammunition.
- Don’t leave anything in the property just because you don’t want it anymore. Dispose of it properly.
- After you give the removalists instructions, don’t get in their way. Let them do their work.
- Don’t leave your valuables like jewellery and important documents lying around. Don’t put them in the moving van either. Keep them close to you or locked in the car.
- Don’t let the removalists leave without signing the necessary paperwork.
You’ll be more organized with these ideas on what you need to do and what you should not do on Moving Day. Make this important day less stressful and more pleasant for everyone.
CC Image by R Reeves on Flickr