How To Dispel That Strong New Carpet Smell
Carpets are great to have, and they bring a lot of life and style to your home. Getting a new one though has a challenge some people are not aware of. New carpets actually have a distinctive smell that lingers the first few days they’re installed. This smell tends to be quite strong which can be bothersome. The smell of the chemicals that come with the carpet is not good for your health so it’s important to get rid of the smell as soon as you can. Fortunately, there are ways to make the smell disappear more quickly.
- Nails are a better option when you need to attach your carpet to the floor. Using glue will only add toxins into the air.
- Baking soda can help with the smell as well. Dust baking soda all over your carpet and let it sit there overnight before vacuuming it, the next morning.
- A natural way to deodorise your new carpet is by placing near the carpet area an onion or celery dipped in water. The onion or celery will soak up the odour.
- Plants can help freshen your indoor air. You can try putting potted plants in the room where the carpet is to help with the odour.
- To counteract the smell of the carpet, fill the room with soothing aromas like scented candles or potpourri.
- One of the simplest things you can do is to open the windows for ventilation and let the smell out.
If you have done all of the tips mentioned, and the smell is still as strong as ever, you will need to call up a professional carpet cleaning company right away. Call Bond Cleaning Australia right away and we will be there to help. We use eco-friendly and safe solutions in our carpet cleaning so you can fully enjoy your carpet without the overpowering smell.
CC Image Courtesy of jill, jellidonut… whatever on Flickr