8 Great Tips To Remove Baby Vomit From Your Sofa
One of the challenges every parent has to face in their homes is cleaning up kid’s messes including baby vomit from the sofa. Babies are your precious cute little ones. Unfortunately, there are days that they can be very messy, from milk spit-ups, and food spills, to baby vomit over your expensive upholstered furniture. One thing is for sure; it can be a tough job dealing with baby vomit stains and smells on your sofa.
Read on to learn a few helpful stain removal tips to remove baby vomit from your sofa.
- If you act immediately after the spill occurred, it will prevent the stain from seeping deep down into your upholstery fibres. Wear your rubber gloves and get a plastic bag and paper towels ready. Remove as much of the vomit as possible. Wipe the vomit into the plastic bag using your paper towels. Blot the area with a paper towel or a clean rag to absorb excess moisture.
- If you’re using removable covers, take the affected cover off your cushion and put it in the washing machine.
- Use a mixture of vinegar and water to treat vomit stains. Vinegar is one of the inexpensive, eco-friendly and most effective cleaners that you can find in your kitchen cabinet. Vinegar helps remove the mould and bacteria which causes awful smells and is perfect for baby vomit stains. Apply this vinegar and water solution to the affected area on your sofa with a clean cloth or soft brush.
- Rinse the area lightly with water and blot with a clean towel. Let the spot dry.
- If you don’t like vinegar’s smell, there’s an alternative option to clean baby vomit. You can mix dish detergent with water and create a soapy solution.
- Apply this soapy solution to the spot, and then blot with a cloth or soft brush. Blot the spot with water and let it dry.
- Repeat the process if the stain is not yet removed. Make sure to spot test any cleaning solution you’re using first before applying it to your sofa.
After failed attempts and to save your upholstered furniture from potential permanent damage, call professional cleaners who are experts in stain removal. Bond Cleaning Australia is equipped with the right tools and techniques to treat tough stains on your upholstery and carpet.
CC Image Courtesy of Juhan Sonin on Flickr