Easy Carpet Stain Removal Method for Beer Spills
Whether you’re throwing a party for friends and family or just enjoying a cold beer, spilling something on your carpet can be a nightmare. Aside from wine and other drinks, beer stain removal is one of the most common concerns you might face after a party. But don’t panic; dealing with beer stains won’t be that difficult if you know some of the tricks to clean them. We’ve gathered a couple of helpful cleaning methods to help you get rid of stains successfully.
- When spills occur, get a clean cloth or paper towel to blot up the liquid as fast as you can. This will prevent the beer from soaking through to your carpet fibres.
- Make a cleaning solution with one tablespoon of white vinegar, one tablespoon of bleach-free dishwashing liquid and two cups of water.
- Dip a sponge in the solution and blot gently on the affected area. Work your way from the outer part towards the stain. This will keep the stain from spreading.
- Rinse the area with cold water using the sponge, and then pat dry with a towel.
- As soon as you discover the beer stain on your carpet, clean it up as much as you can with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Sprinkle a fair amount of baking soda on the beer stain. Make sure the entire affected area is covered. Let the magic of baking soda work on the stain for about 24 hours. Baking soda also naturally removes smells.
- Vacuum the area after 24 hours to remove the residue.
If you do decide to apply a commercial cleaning product, make sure to spot test on a discreet area of the carpet first. You wouldn’t want to damage your beautiful carpet.
If you’ve done everything you possibly could and the stain is still there, call Bond Cleaning Australia before the damage becomes worse. We are experts in carpet cleaning and stain removal, giving you back your fresh and clean home.
CC Image Courtesy of Sarah J. Poe on Flickr