Choosing Between Curtains or Blinds
Both curtains and blinds can add to the feel and atmosphere of a room. Choosing which one to go for will depend on the design of the room, how the window looks, and what you’re trying to show. Curtains have been around for a long time since the earlier centuries. People use them due to their popularity because they give a very vintage and antique feel. Blinds are a newer invention and people like them because they are more cost-effective and functional. Here’s our advice to help you decide on curtains or blinds:
- You want to give more life to the room and make an impact in characterizing the room.
- You should also use curtains if you love antique items and want something that would go well with everything else.
- Curtains have more variety in their colours. Choose these if you like to have more than one colour in your room. Curtains have a lot of colours, and they will never be too bland for a room you’re decorating.
You should choose blinds when:
- You are going to need them for a commercial area. They are more professional and serious-looking.
- Blinds should also be chosen if you like things made of metal and wood, which will give you a more contemporary feel.
- They are also ideal if you want something that will last long and is not too expensive.
- Blinds are easier to clean so you should choose this if you don’t have time to wash curtains regularly and if you want something that’s more functional.
- They also look more modern compared to curtains so if you want something modern and contemporary, go for blinds.
Just as curtains need to be washed so that they will last longer, blinds need to be regularly cleaned as well to keep them from accumulating dust and allergens. If curtain cleaning or blinds cleaning is needed for your home or office, call Bond Cleaning Australia now. Your window coverings will shine when we’re done.